Although it’s been a while since I have been on a first date, I was really happy when the lovely Caroline from Diva Inside Blog tagged me in this post as it was the same time that I was celebrating my anniversary of meeting my partner. So it brought up some happy memories!
1. How long does it take you to get ready for a date? I never really take that long to get ready, full makeup & hair is roughly an hour, but if I stay chatting on facebook it might take longer.
2. What’s your idea of a perfect first date? a) Dinner b) Drinks c) Cinema d) Adventurous dates? Since I would be trying to get to know the person dinner perhaps leading to drinks so a mix of both a & b. In the cinema you just sit next to the person in the dark so you have no chance to talk, its something more suitable for teens or couples who already know each other pretty well. I wouldn’t mind an adventurous first date it would be fun and different and if it went well there would always be a cool story.
3. What would you gravitate more towards to wear on a date … a) Jeans b) Trousers c) Skirt d) Dress. This depends on the weather, and the venue, most likely a dress though as for a first date I would want to impress and I think I look pretty in a dress 🙂
4. On the date of your choice what makeup would you wear a) Girl next door b) Smokey and sexy c) Bold lip d) Brights? A cross between a & b I like to look as natural and fresh faced as possible (I want to feel myself) but I love a bit of a smokey cat eye. I would leave my lips nude since I wouldn’t want to have the hassle of topping up and should we kiss I wouldn’t want to leave lipstick marks.
5. Your date says you have an hour to be ready what do you do? No problem 🙂 after a super fast shower and washing my hair id have roughly 40 mins left to get ready. Luckily I am super fast with makeup, a full face takes me about 20 mins, leaving me the last 20 to fast dry my hair and get changed.
6. Your date asks for the bill, do you … a) Offer to pay – with actual meaning to pay b) Make a fake fuss – with no intention of paying c) Expect him to pay straight away. I have no problem paying my share, but since he asked me out I would expect him to pay for the dinner, and then I would put my imput by buying drinks.
When I met mark he asked me to meet him after work for drinks, we had just met a few days before and it was actually before our official date. We went to Ryans Bar and I asked him what he wanted to drink, he told me vodka so I bought a bottle & mixers. It saved us queuing up drink by drink and got the night started. I was so nervous I needed a few to loosen up… He really didn’t expect to see the barman bring over a bottle!
7. It’s time to say goodbye you really like your date do you … a) Wave b) Hug c) Kiss on the cheek d) Peck e) Full on smooch. If the date went well a very good kissing session is on the cards, you need to test out the waters and see if you have a good chemistry. A guy can make you laugh and be the most interesting person but if the kiss doesn’t give you butterflies it probably wont last…
Cant wait to read your answers 🙂
Love Steph x